Monday, February 13, 2012

Trials and Tribulations

I just thought I should reflect a little on my Globaloria experience so far this semester.  I would like to preface by saying that a recommended class size of 15 to 20 students is about like hitting the nail on the head.  I have 30 in my Algebra 2/Globaloria class and I think that is the root of my troubles.

I will reiterate that for content integration, Globaloria Lite needs to be developed.  I have started taking the one day a week devoted to Globaloria, and that seems to be working for the time being.  I am having trouble getting students to turn in the permission forms, which is much harder to track with 30 students.  Also, unfortunately my Teacher's Assistant has moved, so I am back to working on this venture alone.  I'll be honest, I am a little scared, but I read some of my students' first blog post and it was helpful.  They seem to be enjoying class and are hopeful to be starting work on their own games.

http://hayleighcehs2011.blogspot.com/ <-- Student Blog

I think they like what they consider down time at the end of the week.  It's still early, but I'm hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment