Saturday, July 21, 2012

How West Virginia Does Common Core

I haven't written in a while!  I have been so busy learning about our new state standards for mathematics, and I have to say that I am really excited!  I love the integration of Algebra and Geometry, and I really think that it will make an impact on students.  Here is a link to the new state standards if you are interested: WV NxG CSOs.

As a part of this shift, the state was nice enough to employ some very qualified teachers to develop units for us to teach.  Check them out here: Math 1 Unit Plan Search.

These unit plans are very good, and I have started creating PowerPoint lessons for them.  I will start to post those as I get them finished.  Since I am only teaching Geometry and Algebra 3 this coming school year, I am focusing on Units 5 and 6 as they are the Geometry units for Math 1.  As I get them finished, I will post them here.  Wish me luck, and I'll let you know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment